Advanced DMA and/or MVP DMA Users

09/06/2024 01:52 My600Twitch#1
After days of troubleshooting both PCs. The only change that has helped improve my speed test was replacing the cable. (The original cable came with the DMA card.)

### Results with New Cable ##
Read Speed: 4,101/sec
Through Put: 150.36 MB/s

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]

It's 3x my original results, but I'm still disappointed in them, it seems bare minimal.

## All things I have tried before / after new Cable ###

* Moved my GPU to the closest PCIe slot to CPU. - PCIe 16
* Moved my DMA Card the farthest slot away from CPU/GPU - PCIe 4
* Tried ALL USB ports on Radar PC - read manual and verified I'm using USB 3.0.

Gaming PC (AMD):
* Disabled IOMMU in BIOS
* Disabled SVM in BIOS
* I've Set PCI Slots of Card to Gen 1 through Gen 4 (reboot during each change and ran speed test, no major change in results.)
* Disabled Quick Start/Safe Start/Fast boot
* Disabled/Enable CSM

Also, any MVP DMA users - The orange light is NORMAL. That is just my type of Card. It flashes during post, and stays on light once the PC is powered up.

UPDATE: The fix was replacing the USB-C Cable (resellers was crap) and my Radar PC just didn't work...must have been hardware performance.
09/06/2024 17:01 Ducks Services#2
Second PC specs are the primary factor for speeds, the CPU as well can play a big part (i7-3770 is slightly outdated). We have done extensive testing with our 35T card specifically and it can reach 9000 RPS with certain conditions met. USB 3.2 GEN 2 usually provide the best RPS/ throughput speed. I would suggest ordering a Beelink Mini PC and test read speeds, those have good USB's. Below is a speed test of Duck 35T DMA using a PCIE --> USB 3.2 Gen 2 port :

09/06/2024 18:53 LoneSurvivor88#3
I can confirm what Duck has said. 2nd pc specs are also crucial (in addition to having a good cable as you noted)

I recommend people look on their local used sales website (facebook marketplace, craiglist, etc.) and look for a cheap Optiplex Desktop pc. They make for good second pcs for dma.
09/07/2024 00:00 My600Twitch#4
Update:

I have a mini PC coming tomorrow for troubleshooting.

I flashed the DMA card today using Ekknod firmware and ran another speed test, a small increase, but nothing major. So, I feel I've at least eliminated it being firmware causing the bottleneck.

Any advice is appreciated, a bit stumped, and I figured building firmware was going to be the most time consuming, not A+ troubleshooting.

Edit: I know you cannot use Ekknod, stop messaging me. It's just to troubleshoot and eliminate possible variables....
09/07/2024 00:04 GamerTools#5
i get 6100 speed with a data cable (has the blue color end on the inside of the usb a part)

and my second pc has a 2060 and a i7 9700k with 64 gb ram... when i used a crappier cable i was getting 3000-3200...
09/07/2024 08:28 NexusShop#6
Through PutSome firmware may limit the throughput, but yours is at 150MB/s. However, based on the data you've shown, it's not caused by the firmware. A read speed of 4000/sec indicates that you're definitely using USB 3.0 or above. Your radar PC configuration should be able to run at full capacity. That being said, the read speed is affected by many factors. If you're not planning to upgrade your system, I suggest reinstalling your operating system and updating your drivers. I've encountered many users whose speed increased from 4000 to 6000 after a system update, so I think it's worth a try
09/07/2024 23:48 My600Twitch#7
Quote:
Originally Posted by NexusShop View Post
Through PutSome firmware may limit the throughput, but yours is at 150MB/s. However, based on the data you've shown, it's not caused by the firmware. A read speed of 4000/sec indicates that you're definitely using USB 3.0 or above. Your radar PC configuration should be able to run at full capacity. That being said, the read speed is affected by many factors. If you're not planning to upgrade your system, I suggest reinstalling your operating system and updating your drivers. I've encountered many users whose speed increased from 4000 to 6000 after a system update, so I think it's worth a try
Just to confirm, the 2nd PC (radar PC) doesn't require virtualization to be disabled or any weird BIOS setting change? I have not see anything like that mentioned.

And I'll look into missing drivers or doing a windows reinstall. Thanks for the input lots of good points and next direction.
09/09/2024 05:16 NexusShop#8
Quote:
Originally Posted by My600Twitch View Post
Just to confirm, the 2nd PC (radar PC) doesn't require virtualization to be disabled or any weird BIOS setting change? I have not see anything like that mentioned.

And I'll look into missing drivers or doing a windows reinstall. Thanks for the input lots of good points and next direction.
Yes, you don't need to make bios changes on the second PC